terms and conditions
The Birkbeck Law Review is committed to open-access scholarship. Publications are available free on our website as well as in print. Articles are distributed under Creative Commons 3.0 (attribution, non-commercial and non-derivatives) licence.
By submitting your article to the Birkbeck Law Review ('the Review'), you agree to the following terms and conditions, which will apply if your article has been selected for publication.
(1) You grant the Review a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, and use the submitted article. You also agree to authorize reproduction and distribution of the journal by means of an online index system (such as HeinOnline).
(2) Copyright to the article is released under the Creative Commons 3.0 (attribution, non-commercial and non-derivatives) license. Under the licence, you will retain ownership of the article, and all rights not expressly granted here.
(3) You warrant to the Review that the article has not been published previously in another academic publication. You also agree that any future publication of the article in an academic publication must acknowledge in its original publication in the Review.
(4) You acknowledge that the work does not infringe on any copyright, or agreement, and that you have full, exclusive rights to enter into this agreement. You also agree that the Review may make changes in the text, layout, and technical form of the article, provided that they do not substantially alter the original meaning.
(5) You agree to grant the Review license to use your name and the institution to which you belong, for informational and promotional purposes in the context of your article. This license can be revoked at any time.
*Please note that if the article has multiple authors, each author must individually agree to the terms and conditions before the article can be submitted below.